From ancient times, copper has been the prime metal in making utensils in Indian Sub-continent due to its metallic properties. Even in modern days many of us have heard from our grandparents that drinking water in copper vessels is good for your health. According to Ayurveda, copper vessels charge water positively which helps balancing the three doshas in the human body namely, Vata, Kapha and Pitta. Copper vessels can also help purify the water by killing microorganisms such as fungi, molds and other bacterias present in the water. Copper vessels can also help maintain the body’s pH balance. There are numerous benefits of drinking from copper vessels and they are as follows:
Benefits of Copper Vessel
- Kills Bacterias: The sterilizing effect of the metal helps kill bacterias in water especially E.coli and S.aureus which cause severe illness such as water borne disease like diarrhea, dysentery and joundies.
- Stimulates Brain: Water stored in copper vessels actually helps stimulate your brain and thereby making your brain work much faster and effectively. It also helps prevent seizures that do good for your world.
- Cure Arthritis and inflamed Joints: Copper has great anti-inflammatory properties which relieve pains caused by inflamed joints. Apart from this copper also has bone and immunity strengthening powers, making it the perfect remedy for arthritis.
- Skincare: Drinking water from copper vessels can help get rid of acne and blemish from your skin as copper is the main component in the production of melanin. Copper also aids in the production of new cells that helps replenish the top most layer of your skin. According to Ayurveda experts, drinking water from a copper vessel in early morning can help you get rid of acne.
- Slows Down Aging: Copper is the natural remedy for fine lines appearing on your face. Copper fights off free radicals and helps in the production of new and healthy cells with its very strong antioxidant and cell-forming properties.
- Better Digestion: Copper has properties that stimulates peristalsis, kills harmful bacteria and reduces inflammation within the stomach. Water stored in the copper vessel is a great remedy for infections, indigestion and ulcers. Copper is also very effective in cleansing and detoxing your body regulates the working of your kidney and liver.
How to Buy and Maintain the Copper Vessel?
With all its super awesome properties copper vessels are the best choice for healthy living. However buying copper vessels and maintaining them is not that simple. In order to make water stored in copper vessels works for you, make sure that the vessel is made out of pure copper and cleaned properly after / before use. Buying copper vessels specially online is bit tedious as there are numerous sources that sell copper bottles online. Here is the complete guide for buying and using copper vessels properly.
- Pure Copper: Always make sure that the vessels you are buying is made out of pure copper only, without mixing any other metal. The easiest way to distinguish pure copper from degraded version is that copper is a soft metal and pure copper is difficult to mould into intricate shapes.
- Buy in Store: Instead of buying copper vessels online just by seeing images on the website, prefer visiting stores or warehouse sales personally and check the vessel by touching it with your hands and examine the pureness of the copper vessels.
- Washing Instructions: Since the copper is one of the softest metal, do not scrub to wash the inside of the vessel because it may scrap away copper from the vessel.The best way to clean the copper vessel is by using one half of a lemon. Scrub the vessel with the lemon from inside, allow it to stand for a few minutes and then wash off with plain water. Alternately you can also use baking soda and water.
- Precautions: Copper is not naturally consumed by the human body and hence too much of the metal can be harmful. As per Food and Drugs Administration regulations every day about 12mg is sufficient for your body to use without any side effects. So do not over do this routine. Drinking water twice or thrice in a day from your copper vessel is enough for your body.